In todays’s contemporary world, Mobile app development is evolving and progressing giving mobile apps a gradual but steady makeover. All mobile applications are not developed the same way. There are many different ways of developing mobile applications in todays market like Native platform, Web, progressive web apps(PWAs), cross-platform app development etc.
When creating native applications, developers are guided by specific OS requirements. Installed on a targeted computing device, a native app can fully use the available features and capabilities. The drawback is that a native app is not compatible with other platforms. To reach wider audiences, you would need to develop several solutions (one app for each targeted platform), which is time-consuming and cost-intensive.
Cross-platform app development allows you to create new solutions that consumes less development time, run on multiple platforms and reach larger audience in a cost effective manner. It is evolving becoming more dynamic and attractive for developers.
Now the question is how to find a reliable platform having all these perks for having an app built? Although there are numerous frameworks present out there. Each framework has its advantages and disadvantages.
Some of the most difficult challenges that cross-platform developers faced were as follows:
- Time Constraint
- Steep development cost
- More number of employees
- No cross-platform dependency
But fortunately, Flutter changed the game by stepping into the field of app development and setting new trends in mobile application development.
Google unveiled Flutter in 2007 as a solution to all of the ongoing issues in the mobile application development industry. It is a strong language that comes with a solid mobile framework.Flutter transforms the app development process. It is Google’s user interface tooI kit which provides a simple, efficient, powerful, and easy-to-understand SDK for developing mobile applications in Dart, Google’s own programming language.One can build, test and deploy beautiful mobile, web, desktop, and embedded apps from a single codebase.
Apart from the obvious benefit of being able to create cross-platform apps, Flutter also includes its own material design and graphics library. This allows for faster app development while still producing stunning visuals regardless of the platform.
Let us see the features that makes Flutter a real trend setter in mobile application development
- Single codebase – Flutter’s unique codebase feature makes it easy to develop mobile apps. A single codebase eliminates the conventional restrictions where developers had to write different code depending on the platform. This now makes the process easier. Now Flutter developers need to develop code only once in Android and iPhone. Flutter’s cross-platform development framework makes it easier for both developers and users to design, speed up, and improve the overall quality of an application.
- Easy development language – The Flutter application development process is very efficient. Since only one code is required, it eases and accelerates the process, making it simpler and more efficient. The single codebase approach is allowing developers to reuse it with different plugins, thus cutting the development time short. Also, when it comes to testing, a simple quality assurance process is enough to verify the functionality, features and program of a cross-platform mobile app.
- Easy set up and maintenance – The Flutter application is relatively simple to develop and maintain due to a single codebase. It improves application performance when compared to other app development platforms and reduces maintenance efforts.Due to simple and single codebase used in programming, maintenance is simple. Whenever team members notice an issue, changes are made quickly without the hassle of going back and forth on the codes. As a result, it is less expensive because you do not need to spend extra money on powerful machines. That being said, with the team’s assistance, anyone can easily begin developing a flutter app.
- Utilisation of widgets – Flutter developers know the fact that widgets are a very important part of the application interface. Flutter integrated apps provide a wide range of widgets including navigation, scrolling, fonts, themes that are customisable regardless of the screen size. There is no denying the fact that Flutter mobile apps provide a very smooth UI experience compared to another cross-platform framework.
- Best suited for MVP – The speed with which you can create your MVP (Minimum Viable Product) for any app on Flutter is unparalleled. To create an MVP in Flutter, you only need to invest a small amount of time and effort. Because nearly all codes are swapped between iOS and Android apps, the Flutter SDK has less coding. As a result, the cost of Flutter app development services for a startup, especially for MVPs, is significantly reduced.
- Hot reloading – Flutter cross-platform application development is trending due to features like “Hot Reloading” or “Hot Restart”. These features allow developers to view changes in the code within one second. In simple words, as the developers are coding, they are able to see the progress side by side. This in turn increases the productivity of the developers. Also, this feature is extraordinary for bug fixing.
- Efficient code writing and app testing – The Flutter application development process is very efficient. Since only one code is required, it eases and accelerates the process, making it simpler and more efficient. The single codebase approach is allowing developers to reuse it with different plugins, thus cutting the development time short. Also, when it comes to testing, a simple quality assurance process is enough to verify the functionality, features and program of a cross-platform mobile app.
- Modification and customisation are super easy – Flutter manages every aspect of app development, from development and maintenance to testing and customisation. Flutter-powered apps are simple to modify because of the single codebase.The app’s long-term performance is maintained by easy maintenance. Any problem in the codebase can easily be fixed in minutes. Developers can eliminate the hassle of writing code by using a single codebase.So, entrepreneurs don’t need to spend more on Flutter app maintenance and customisation than they do on other platforms.
- Massive Support From Google – As we all know that Flutter is developed and maintained by Google. Google supports Flutter developers by providing frequent updates and problem fixes. There are many ready-made SDKs available for many Google products like Firebase.
Google’s Flutter is a real revolutionary in the world of mobile application development!
It has enormous potential for companies that work on various platforms and has a quick turnaround and go-to-market aspect. Besides that it will save you money, resources and a significant amount of time. Flutter is an excellent choice for any small or large company.
Flutter’s free and low-cost features contribute to its status as an easy-to-use and dependable app development platform. Companies with limited resources can certainly expect to grow significantly with Flutter app development services in order to meet the needs of the future market. In this digital age, you can also choose to work with experts from outside your area.